Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NHSA

The 26th Annual Parent Training Conference was held in San Jose, California. Its theme was "Raising the bar in a time of change." This year’s conference was a success with thousands on parents and staff in attendance. The National Head Start Association also had lots of new members.
The sessions were very detailed and informative they were also related to the issues we deal with today. For me the sessions opened up my mind to new ways of seeing things, and gave me ideas that will help me better myself as a parent and advocate for our head start children.
At the banquet dinner parents were acknowledged for there volunteer work with there head start, these women had extraordinary stories, the beating the odds award was given to Pamela Plummer, who struggled with drug addiction and living with a drug addicted husband. She is now has an associate’s degree in early childhood education and is going forward to receive her bachelor’s degree.
Head start is not only beneficial to our children but to the parents as well, it opens up the doors of opportunity to all, it is the beginning of greatness. I am proud to say that I am a member of the National Head Start Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment